Pages

Thursday 20 October 2016

Study tips to improve your grades.


I have decided to dedicate this post to study tips that I have been using for what feels like ages. Compared to how I used to study before I started applying those methods, my grades improved drastically. For example, before I used to get a 4 from certain tests I would take (in the Czech marking scheme the grades go from 1, which is the best, to 5, the worst), but now, getting a 4 is a rarity...

What may help?

A great starter is to know, what type of learner you are. There are three types: Kinesthetic, Auditory, and Visual.

Now, onto the tips!

Tip #1
Find a comfortable place to study. It should be somewhere you feel safe, somewhere quiet, and without distractions (I study in a different room than my actual one and I even leave my phone in there because that's the biggest distraction..lol). I would recommend not to do any type of work on your bed as it is a place you should rest at.
Tip #2
Find a method that suits you the best and gives you a feeling of confidence. Some people summarize their notes, memorize them, or just read them and of course many other methods. Don't be afraid to try something new, as it may be "the one". I actually have different methods for different subjects!
Tip #3
Break down your work. Now this one is very helpful and allows you to get more work done during the day. What I do is I break down my materials into smaller parts and learn each part on a different day. This has also decreased times when I get super frustrated because the test is the next day, it's already getting late and I still have plenty of stuff to do.
Tip #4
Keep it organized. Keep all your notes as neat as possible. Use colors, highlighters for important information, even draw diagrams. All of these will help you study, but be careful I used to write nearly every sentence in a different color. You can pretty much guess the result of that. Unicorn puke. I could NOT study properly and ended up skipping that part...
Tip #5
Find the best time to study. For me, it's between 6-8 p.m. This is the time you are concentrated the most, so studying will be easier.
Tip #6
Sleep, sleep, and sleep! If you're a student you should get at least 7 hours of sleep. This is something I found out recently. The amount of sleep you get affects your grades (at least in my case). I personally need at least 8 hours of sleep if I want my grades to look the way I want and not to feel like killing my classmates. *sigh*
Tip #7
We have officially gotten to the very last tip! My very last tip is to do the easy work first. I do the easier work first, because I know I will get it done in a short amount of time and then more have more time to do the harder work.
That is it my friends. I have no more things to say. If you found any of those tips helpful, don't forget to leave a comment or if you want to share some of your tips, please feel free to do so!! See you next time.

No comments: